As technology advances and telecom devices such as smartphones utilizing 5G become commonplace, having the right components to power those devices is essential. KEMET components power both existing telecom technologies and innovation for the future of the industry.
KEMET is a vital supplier to telecommunications companies today and continuous innovation ensures we will power the industry into the future. We build capacitors, inductors, and other devices for the telecommunications industry which are designed for use in applications ranging from cellular 5G networks and devices to high-speed internet networks and devices. From manually switched analog telephones to smartphones and 5G data networks, KEMET has been there every step of the way and will continue to be a vital supplier to telecom companies today and into the future.
- Wireless base stations
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Data storage
- Network switches
- Edge computing devices
- Solid-state drives
- Traditional telephones/devices
- Power filtering
- Harsh conditions
- NEBS compliance
Advances in cellular networks require reliable components for 5G and beyond. KEMET’s high reliability products for high temperatures and harsh conditions are ideal for 5G base stations, while our miniaturized capacitors and inductors are ideal for smartphones and other handheld 5G devices.
- High reliability polymer electrolytic capacitors offer high energy storage and reliability for 5G base stations facing harsh conditions
- Polymer, tantalum, and ceramic capacitors all have small case sizes suitable for handheld devices such as IoT and smartphones
- METCOM inductors are inherently shielded and offered in case sizes suitable for many existing and new designs
- Solutions are available for both indoor and outdoor conditions
- Film technology with high temperature and harsh environment features are critical components for high density 5G power supply requirements in resonant tank circuit and DC Link applications
For some, it’s hard to imagine a world without the internet, and it can be easy to forget that it’s no small task to keep everything connected, all the time, all around the world. A vast number of data centers and a massive network infrastructure keeps everything up and running.
KEMET powers the internet by providing the components needed to run those data centers, the edge computing devices that feed the data centers, and the network infrastructure to link it all together.
- KEMET supercapacitors can be used for holding up power for critical parts of servers and storage in the case of a line power failure
- High reliability polymer capacitors provide low ESR and high CV than can reduce part count and ripple voltage
- KEMET’s proprietary U2J KONNEKT solution is ideal for DC-DC LLC resonant tank converters that can be found powering the servers in many data centers
Wired telephone networks today route through electronic switches in data centers that continue to maintain unique regulations and requirements. KEMET supports other wired networks as well, such as those provided by cable broadband or fiber optic Internet service providers.
- Variety of components suitable for all levels of Network Equipment-Building System (NEBS) compliant equipment
- High reliability capacitors designed for ultimate reliability with an operating temperature of -55ºC to 125ºC
- Extensive line of available components for EMC when electromagnetic noise is an issue, ranging from X-Y safety capacitors to differential and common mode chokes