Technology has now advanced to the point where almost everyone walks around with a powerful computer — a smartphone. These devices have become a critical part of many day-to-day tasks, which is why high quality, reliable KEMET components are essential.
KEMET offers capacitors, inductors, and other products for various computing devices. Clean power and decoupled inputs and outputs are necessary to maximize performance. Some computing applications, like tablets or other handheld devices, require miniaturized components, while edge computing will need more rugged components. KEMET offers a broad portfolio of capacitors and inductors to meet all these requirements and more.
Servers and Storage
- Server farms
- Data center storage
- Uninterruptible power supplies
- Ethernet transceivers and switches
- FibreChannel transceivers
- SAS transceivers
- Real-time data processing
- Handheld devices/wearables
- Micro data centers
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Smart, connected automobiles
- Data encryption
- Biometric security
- Low latency networks
- On premises, private cloud
- Public cloud
- Hybrid (private/public) cloud
- Data centers
- High capacity networks
- Hardware virtualization
Servers and Storage
Racked servers are high-powered computers mounted in a rack, typically in a data center. Rack mounted storage equipment, on the other hand, uses processors to manage the data flow to and from drives and ensure redundancy to improve data availability. KEMET components power data center equipment with high temperature and high voltage capacitors and power inductors.
“Edge computing” refers to moving computing power closer to the edge of computer networks — closer to where data is generated and responded to.
KEMET components are helping to drive the evolution of edge computing by providing industry-leading capacitors and inductors for edge computing devices that self-driving cars of the future will need. Sensors and actuators by KEMET help to provide data inputs and outputs for edge computing.
- High reliability polymers and tantalums will help increase board space for on board power conversion
- MPX inductors are perfect for switching mode power supplies commonly found on computers
- MLCCs are very useful for bypass capacitors and decoupling
- Flex Suppressor® can help with RF noise coupling onto sensitive digital circuits
Cloud computing refers to the on-demand availability of remote computing power. Where edge computing is ideal for applications requiring a high number of inputs and outputs in real-time, cloud computing is ideal for applications where real-time low latencies and continuous processing are not necessary. These computing clouds could be made up of servers and storage centralized in data centers or made up of distributed computers located anywhere.