Managing EMI is a recurring challenge in electronic systems where circuit components are in close proximity. EMI effects can range from a minor impact on signal quality to equipment malfunction. KEMET offers an extensive component selection for both radiated and conduction emissions.
Electromagnetic interference or EMI arising from the switching elements of electronic systems can cause unwanted effects and operation. Mitigating electrical noise is a common challenge within densely populated designs and is required for electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) with many different regulatory agencies.
KEMET offers Flex Suppressor®, chokes, and safety capacitors for filtering radiated and conducted electrical noise in defense, industrial, and medical devices.
- Power supply devices
- Power conditioners
- Industrial controllers
- Industrial robots
- Air conditioners
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICD)
- MRI scanners
- Mobile phones
- Digital cameras
- Notebook PCs
Connectivity is an essential aspect of Industry 4.0. On today’s smart factory floors, IoT-enabled equipment can communicate in real-time, allowing entire processes to be completed without human intervention. Much of that connectivity is also the cause of unwanted EMI, which can result in equipment malfunction and power quality issues.
KEMET provides a range of products for EMI filtering in medical applications. These products are suitable for devices utilizing both low and high voltage levels and a wide range of operating temperatures. KEMET magnetic filtering products are designed with the highest grade materials and certified to international quality and safety standards.
- EMI filters can be designed with KEMET’s wide range of X-Y safety capacitors and chokes or utilize one of our prebuilt power line filter modules
- Flex Suppressor® can mitigate noise without needing a ground such as with copper tape and can be custom cut to fit your design
- Ferrite beads as small as 0201 can handle many medical device needs
Personal devices are an integral part of the lives of billions of people around the world, being used in countless daily activities. Many electronic devices contain sophisticated circuit boards with thousands of discrete components that can result in an EMI issue within the device or emit electromagnetic radiation outside of the device.
- Flex Suppressor® is an ideal alternative to copper tape without the need of a ground
- The same 0201 ferrite beads used in medical devices are just as effective in many compact personal devices