How do I simulate electrical performance?
The simulation tool K-SIM can be used to simulate electrical performance.
K-SIM is KEMET’s primary component simulation engine and contains a suite of simulation and modeling tools for engineering development. K-SIM has 6 main areas:
- Home – Information about the tool including tips and release notes.
- Capacitor Simulation – Tool used to simulate capacitor performance
- Capacitance from Power Calculation – Tool used to calculate the required capacitance for an inverter based on power, frequency, and voltage.
- Ceramic Capacitor Aging – Calculator used to determine the effect of aging on a ceramic capacitor.
- Film Lifetime – Calculator used to estimate the lifetime in hours of a film capacitor based on operational profiles
- Inductor Simulation – Tool used to simulate the behavior of an inductor as well as the relative heating of the inductor in various circuit topologies.
To access K-SIM, follow the instructions below.
- From any KEMET.com page, scroll to the top of the page.
- Hover over Design Analysis Tools.
- Click K-SIM Capacitor Analysis.