Last modified: December 15, 2021
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your Personal Information. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not download or install, register with, or use this App. By downloading or installing, registering with or using this App, you agree to the terms of this Policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
When you use the App, we may collect the following information about you:
- Personal Information you, or someone on your behalf, provides to us such as name, email address, and mobile phone number. You, or someone on your behalf, may provide this Personal Information when you sign up for, download or install the App.
- Anonymous Information such as usage, device and location information (“Anonymous Information”) that cannot be used to identify you as an individual. Anonymous Information is collected automatically when you use the App.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect the information described above in two ways:
- When you voluntarily provide us with Personal Information such as your name, email address, the email addresses of others, your mobile phone number, etc. Email addresses may be Personal Information depending on applicable data privacy laws. By providing email addresses of others, you affirm that you have obtained that individual’s consent prior to providing us with their email.
- We also may collect information automatically when you download or install, access or use the App. We may automatically collect traffic data, location data, and details about the resources that you access and use on or through the App. We may also collect location information based on your IP Address. The location information collected by the App is limited to city, state/province, country, and continent information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your Personal Information to:
- Set up your user profile;
- Allow you to access, use, and download information from the App;
- Respond to you by email if you email us;
- Communicate with you about the App by sending you announcements, updates, and security alerts; and
- Provide technical support and maintenance for the App.
We may use Anonymous Information to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents;
- Improve the App and provide you with a better and more personalized experience;
- Provide faster searches;
- Send push notifications to your device; and
- Perform statistical analysis about App usage.
We may use and share Anonymous Information for any purpose at our sole discretion.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Information, including, but not limited to, the following:
- As necessary: (a) to comply with legal process; (b) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; (d) to protect our operations, rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of you or others; and (e) to allow us to pursue legal actions, remedies, or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- With our affiliates, distributors, resellers, suppliers, etc., for business purposes. For example, to process your orders, fulfill your requests, provide customer service, and improve our products.
- With our service providers who provide administrative, operational, data processing, marketing, communications, event management, website hosting, credit card processing, etc. services or who otherwise process Personal Information for purposes that are described in this Policy.
- With advertisers and third parties for the purposes of providing targeted content and advertising, including with data analytics and information management companies such as Google Analytics.
- With our insurers and professional advisers for the purposes of managing risks, obtaining professional advice, exercising our legal rights, or defending against legal claims, etc.
- With third parties in connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, acquisition, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We use push notifications to update you about new product information and data sheets available in the App. After the App is downloaded, you will automatically receive push notifications. You can manage push notifications on your mobile phone from “Settings” by unchecking the “Notifications” options in the App. We collect push notification tokens in order to determine whether or not you subscribe to notifications. When you unsubscribe from push notifications, the notification tokens will be deleted from our database.
THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION COLLECTION
When you use the App, third parties may use automatic information collection mechanisms, such as cookies and tracking technologies, to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Google Analytics;
- Advertising networks;
- Third party software development kits (“SDKs”);
- Your mobile device manufacturer; and
- Your mobile service provider.
The information collected by third parties may be associated with anonymous identifiers that are used to track and identify individuals (without revealing personal information) to allow advertisers to access aggregated data.
Google Analytics may collect basic device configuration information including operating system version and screen size. Google Analytics may use anonymized information to generate reports about the screens that you use in the App. Third parties may use the information provided by Google Analytics to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
For more information regarding the collection, use, sharing, and retention of information by third parties, please review their privacy policies and practices.
INFORMATION RETENTION AND DELETION
We may retain your Personal Information for time periods necessary to: (a) fulfill the purposes described in this Policy; (b) meet the timelines determined or recommended by regulators, professional bodies, or associations; (c) comply with applicable laws, legal holds, and other legal obligations (including contractual obligations); and (d) comply with your requests.
If you would like us to delete your Personal Information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and insert in the subject line “Request to Delete Mobile App Personal Information”, or call our toll-free number: 1-800-844-KEMETCA (844-536-3822).
HOW TO WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT TO OUR COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to withdraw your consent to our collection and use of your Personal Information at any time. To submit a request to withdraw your consent, please visit our Site.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR THE UNITED KINGDOM AND THE EU/EEA
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY CHILDREN
This App and our Sites are not intended for children nor targeted to children under the age of sixteen (16). KEMET does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of sixteen (16). If KEMET learns that it possesses Personal Information from a child under the age of sixteen (16), we will delete such information in accordance with applicable law. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that a child under the age of sixteen (16) has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
We reserve the right to revise this Policy at our sole discretion at any time. It is your responsibility to review this Policy each time you use the App or provide Personal Information to us as this Policy may have changed. The date the Policy was last revised is posted at the top of this page.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at:
KEMET Electronics Corporation
1 East Broward Blvd., 5th Floor
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
or call our toll-free number: 1-800-844-KEMETCA (844-536-3822)